Crime & accidents around Becker County
Tuesday, July 10
• At 3:16 p.m., a caller reported that money had been stolen from his wallet. The thief was later discovered to be his grandson who returned the money.
Wednesday, July 11
• At 10:13 a.m., a caller reported the theft of their two bicycles from 204 Roosevelt Avenue in Detroit Lakes.
• At 9:51 a.m., a caller reported from 8th street in Detroit lakes that gas had been siphoned from their vehicle.
• At 4:33 p.m., a caller reported that a card was fraudulently used at Petroplus Convenience Center at 1306 Highway 10.
Thursday, July 12
• At 12:31 p.m., a caller reported a vehicle theft. The car had been sitting, stalled on the side of Highway 10. The thief took the car and sold it.
• At 12:08 p.m., a caller reported that their vehicle had been hit while it was parked on 1583 Highway 10.
• At 12:37 p.m., a caller reported that their outgoing mail had been stolen from their mailbox on Central street in Detroit Lakes.
Friday, July 13
• At 7:15 a.m., a caller reported a vehicle in a swamp with nobody around. It had been removed from the swamp by the time police arrived.
• At 10:05 a.m., a theft of several lottery tickets was reported at Cormorant Store.
Saturday, July 14
• At 3:05 a.m., a caller reported that their briefcase containing a laptop was stolen in Frazee, Minnesota.
• At 3:58 p.m., there was a motorcycle accident by the Toad Lake Store. The driver suffered a compound fracture and was transferred to a Fargo medical center to be treated for their injuries.
• At 4:55 a.m., a caller reported a boat lift and boat on fire at South Shore Drive in Detroit Lakes.
• At 12:23 p.m., a shoplifting incident was reported from Menard drive in Detroit Lakes. Later, at 5:20 p.m., a caller reported a possible suspect for that theft.
Sunday, July 15
• At 11:29 a.m., the complainant said they had been sprayed in the face with Raid, a bug exterminating spray. According to the Sheriff's Office, the defendant has been involved in several accusations.
• At 1:22 p.m., a caller reported a stolen mercury boat motor and gas tank taken off their boat.
• At 7:54 p.m., a Walmart shoplifter was reported.
Monday, July 16
• At 8:37 a.m., a caller reported an individual who was illegal dumping on Mill Pond Drive in Lake Park. They found the person as he was going back to retrieve railroad ties.
• At 10:28 a.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported in Frazee between a county works vehicle and a private party. No one was injured.